Saturday, November 04, 2006

An Unexpected Post

On Wednesday, Mom and I left for a string workshop that I am attending. The workshop is on "overcoming tension". So far it has been a great time of re-learning the violin!!!! I say re-learning because it has been necessary for me to start at square one of violin basics. I have been working on my bow hold/grip, the position and functuion of my left hand, and rhythm!!! I am so thankful for the Lord providing this oppurtinity to learn more not only just about the violin but how to play the violin correctly.

The following pictures are of the difficult time we had the morning of our departure........

Big hugs goodbye!

What a beautiful family I have!!!!

Mom and I getting ready to say "So Long, Farewell".....

My two dahling Sistuh's out in the morning frost to say goodbye!!!

This picture is part of a rather long story that took place today...............It began in the morning at brunch. It was during the announcments that we found out that there was to be a weaner roast at 4:oo clock this afternoon at a local park and everyone was supposed to be lined up to leave at 12:00 p.m. We had planned to take a friend to exchange a pair of shoes and get some vitamins and a run for coffee (they did not serve any at brunch) and practice, practice, practice!!!!! That left us with 1 hour to run around a big city for our errands and no time for violin practice!!! So we went to the store to return the shoes and Mom stayed in the van while talking to Dad. Dad has been fighting a bad cold and feeling rather miserable and since we did not have any practice times today (other than personal practice) Dad decided that we should come home. So Mom and I went to drop our friends off at the park. We arrive at the entrance to the park and the lady tells us "the group is at the middle shelter house". So we traveled forward to find the "middle shelter house". We continued on and came to a 4 way intersection. with signs pointing in every direction to different shelter houses but there was none called "middle shelter house". There were only letters of the alphabet to describe them. We decided to follow our instincts and head forward to where the majority of shelter houses were. There was no one in sight from the training center, so we continued on our quest for the weaner roast!!! After going around several spots more than once we decided to go back to the begining and ask for directions!!!! That is if we could find it:) We made it to the front without getting lost and found out where the "middle shelter house" was (just as a side note this was NOT the name of the shelter house) and made our way there!!! All in all it was a jolly adventure, and we had a lovely time visiting with our dear sisters in the Lord.

Motherums driving during our lovely trip through the woods

We decided to take the time to snap some photos of our memorable trip while waiting for Motherums to get directions:)

The training center

Mom was patiently waiting as we are about to head for home for the weekend, but I had to snap at least one picture of the training center for the family at home as they were expecting pictures and I did not want to disappoint them!!!

Anyhow, the reason I called this a suprise post is becasue I was not expecting to be able to spend the weekend at home!!!! What a wonderful blessing to be able to be with my family!!!! ~K~

13 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. Sounds like fun.

Ya'know, I was goin' down thru the pictures, and I'm like yeah, K, cool. Then, I come to the picture of the training center. All I can say is I'm glad I don't drink coffee on Lord's Day mornings, 'cause it would be all over me right now. :>)

So, how'd you find this? And, why were you the only one of the s to go to a workshop on "overcomming tension?"

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a disappointment well I hope you learned allot anyways.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, if there was a morning frost, then why wasn't Megg wearing more than short sleaves? It's Ohio. Layer!! :)

(Milkdud will prolly have a few comments on this)

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to drive Isaac nuts...

*crickets chirping* *chirp chirp* *chirp chrip*

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To repeat Bumpas's query which I don't guess you saw: You guys plannin on comin to the [] dance on the 21st. You're welcome. We've already invited other people who don't even homeschool (yet).

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if I or Bumpas've seen this thing but, "I'm shmart!". Yeah. Umm... there's supposed to be a question mark after '21st' up there.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would be the "non-home-schoolers"?

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our teaching elder's (if you want to use the Biblical terms, I really just meant pastor) family

I actually think they had something else going on. So I don't know if they'll be there.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chirp chirp chirp. Yeah.

You remember the cricket at summer camp? In my sleeping bag? Hehe. That was funny for YOU guys. Not me. At least you didn't put it in there. :)

Yup. I agree. Y'all oughta come on the 21st.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milkdud,
We are not yet sure if we will be able to make it to the [] dance or not, but we hope we can!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a rectangle. Just thought I'd point that out...

□ is what you're looking for. Just look on the character map and you'll find it somewhere.

Anyway, we'll see you there, hopefully!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, missed ya @ the thingy.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We sure did, I had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home