Thursday, December 14, 2006

I.A. Syndrome

We have recently felt compelled to address the issue of a pertinant nationwide syndrome. Mumsie and the Morton Maidens, and even Daddy as well, have the I.A. Syndrome. Most of you probably already know that we have this syndrome, as evidenced by our pictures. In fact, We think a lot of our friends have this!
This syndrome has been around for many years, however, it has just aquired this name. The most awesome thing about this syndrome is, it is not painful.... well that is only when you have to share!!!!
One thing that is interesting about the I.A. Syndrome is that you can get it when you are young or old, and it is terminal. Another interesting thing about this syndrome is that you commonly find it in homes and churches where children are viewed as a blessing. The name of this syndrome is Itching Arms Syndrome. This is what we call it when people are just itching to hold babies! We are very glad that the Lord has blessed us with many children in our lives!


Here are some pictures of the Morton Family, as well as just a few of our many friends and family over the past few years, who have the Itching Arms Syndrome!
Beautiful Ladies ,Handsome Gentleman

Just imagine what the background sound was like as this picture was being taken...."OOOHHHHH she is so cute.....Dad smile...... hurry she's yawning......How precious........Look she's yawning.......Look at us not her........hold still.......aaaaawwwwwoooooohhhhhhhhhhh(this is a combination of two words commonly used when you have this syndrome describing the excitement.)"

What cheesy children!

A Father and Son


Proud Grandfather, Happy Grandson


One of the babies (well, she's not such a baby anymore!) at our church


Another proud Grandfather


Boy, were we desperate!!! In these two pictures, it is only a baby doll, but I think you have the idea!

Again, proud parents, happy children!

What joy these little one's bring to our lives!


A mother showering her daughter with love

Loving Uncle


Loving Grandma


Mother, daughter, niece/cousin


Precious brother and sister


Isn't he sweet?!

Never a sad moment when holding these gifts from the Lord!


Cuddling with their Great-Grandson


Church pals

Mumzie bonding with a new nephew


"Hmm.......my picture again? How many do you need to prove this syndrome exists?"


Try and squeeeezzzzeee as many as you can





An Aunt with our cousin enjoying each-others company


Sweet Slumber



Meg seems to have a knack for getting little one's to sleep!

Starting while they are young!

~S~ & ~K~

We give credit to Mr. Doug Phillips for the term Itching Arms Syndrome!

10 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I have a bad case of IA, but when you have a 5 month old sister it is hard to avoid.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!
~S~

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny to read this post while holding my baby sister. I have IA Syndrome really bad.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. I don't seem to have this syndrome quite as severe as some of you, but I do have it. Just ask Ethan. :)

By the way, some of those pictures were great. The older ones were quite interesting. :)

Just out of curiosity--did you really put this post up on Thursday? I just saw it for the first time this morning (Tuesday) and I've been checking it about every day.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to the Morton Maidens, the date the blog says the post was posted on is really the date they started making the post.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The IA thingy's kind of off and on for me. I've had it many times though. I think I go more for the syndrome were you pick a kid up and fly 'im around like an airplane or generally turn yourself into a one-person amusment park ride. One kid I know named Isaac (not that one) has lots of fun when I do that to 'im. He's kinda hyper.

But this isn't my blog is it? Sorry if I talk too much.

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Morton's,
Just letting you know Rachel had her baby on 12/21/06 @ 9:09am weighing 9lbs even. She was able to have a v-back (YEAH RACHEL). Oh HER name is Helen Ruth. Thought you would want to know.

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Soma,
Thank you so much for telling us! That is so exciting, I am very happy for them!
Also, thank you for commenting, I'm glad you figured out how to do it!

Milkdud,
That's alright about the "talking". I expected people to tell whether or not they had I.A. or not:)

~S~

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like Rachel is having a new dose of IA.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Yep, I sure am! Thanks for spreading the news, Dana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home