Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happy Birthday

We had the joyous occasion of celebrating Kate's birthday! We are so blessed to have her in our family and to see her walking with the Lord and growing in Him!
To help us celebrate, we had our Grandpa and Grandma over for lunch!

The cake (Daddy's favorite part!)

"Happy Birthday Dear Katieeee, Happy Birthday To You!

Daddy, Grandma, Meg, Me, Kate, and Grandpa
Our Aunt also stopped by with our newest cousin!
Grandma, Kate, and Grandpa
She is so precious!

Oh, and just an interesting note... September 19 is International "Talk-Like- A- Pirate Day"(and, no, I am not making this up!)

The birthday girl turns pirate!!

And not only her, but the whole family!!

And Grandma, too!
~S~

5 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger The Vernon Family said...

Hope you had a nice Birfday, Kate. Looks like you did!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Morton Family said...

Ahoy thar!!!! Y'ar very kaind ta send y'ar birthday greetin's!!!!

I did not find out about "talk like a pirate day" until this past Sabbath from one of the Elders at our church.
We did not make the cake, it was an ice cream cake from DQ. I had started making a Derby Pie but I ran out of time and thus Dad and Mom made a quick run for a cake.
Our Aunt stopped by...and as she walked to our back door, a bird well...bombed her. It was all over my Aunt's hair, jacket and pants. We all felt so bad for her! So she needed to wash her hair and wipe off her clothes. It makes me feel like I need to shower just thinkin about it:)
Kate
P.S. Hey C.(violamusic4hisglory) thank you for the b-day card!!! Send my greetings to your Sis!!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Looks like you enjoyed your talk like a
pirate day. I hope it was fun.
A. bump
P.S. bring back pict. from your trip.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Morton Family said...

Thanks A. Bump:)
And of COURSE we will bring back plenty of pictures....(that is if nothing happens to our camera, there is always the possibility of it falling into a pool etc.)....Anyone who knows the Morton Family knows we will not be slack in taking pictures.
~K~

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hello Meg, this is Rebecca from Renaissance. I just wanted to thank you so much for being the go-between for Dana and I. That was very nice of you. I will be writing her this very week.

I must say-I wish I could be a Morton! You all seem to have such a joyful and fun family! Even when cleaning! :-)

And though I don't know you, any sister in Christ deserves greetings on the blessing of another year and SO Happy Birthday Miss Kate! May the Lord guide and direct your paths in the coming year and open your eyes to His most abundant blessings. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home