Friday, August 25, 2006

Square Dancing

On Monday we spent a delightful evening teaching the A. family how to square dance. Not that we are professionals, however, we have learned a few of the basic steps such as Do-Si-Do , left allemande, grande 'ol right and left, and the Virginia Reel (one of our favorites!). We then had the treat of eating Mrs. A.'s southern vegetable soup with homemade bread! The Texas Star square dance

Some random shots of the sweet A. children

A little lady

Tea and fellowship

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger The Vernon Family said...

We did the Virginia Reel a couple years ago at a private graduation for a homeschooled girl. I had fun, but every time I look at those pictures of me doing it I am embarrassed. We were supposed to show up in mid-1800s period dress, but we did the best we could (which was just formal).
(BTW, I won't be posting any of those!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home