Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Visit to the Newlywed's part 2


~~~~~Monday~~~~~



We gathered at the home of the V. family for a scrumptious brunch



These sweeties stood in their driveway with a welcoming sign! They were very patient with the tardy Morton Clan and waited for a loooonnngggg time!!!





Tree Climber (better then a tree hugger in my humble opinion)





Grandma's buddies







An afternoon of sweet Christian encouragement










"Girl Power" :)

When we were little girls we would jump on the trampoline and after doing flips etc. we would say "girl power". Oh, how we have changed!!!!


"Oh my eye" quoted from Mr. Smallweed on Bleak House




What better for a boy then sun, a magnifying glass and a piece of wood?






Concentration



One of the completed projects






A very talented piano player





A very horrific piano player





Mouthwatering Caramel Popcorn













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Play Dough Art~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~












Sigh......



Miss J. captivated our attention with her beautiful renditions of "Danny Boy" and selections from Debussy.



Another Sigh......

How many Popsicles have you had J.?










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday evening we traveled downtown to do some shopping


A charming Daddy in a charming downtown

My sister is going to have my head for posting this picture

S.A.M.


For dinner we met up with Mr. and Mrs. H. and W. and Meg. What a delightful time we had together!!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wednesday we went hiking and shopping



Grandma watching us as we hiked down a ways to look at a small waterfall




Are'nt they cute?



Reflection



Art by S.A.M.














Art by Daddy Dearest




~The Morton Maidens~




2 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Isaac said...

OK. Long comment on its way. You've been warned...

Tree climbers are normally better than tree huggers. Yup. I still wanna try doing like some tree huggers and sleep in a tent suspended about 100 feet off the ground in a giant sequoia or something. What's fun is getting a little tree like Jimmy (right one?) is and climbing up, then putting your weight to one side. You can bend it down to the ground. Great fun, but it wrecks the tree.

Trampoline looks enjoyable. I always wanted one of those.

Wood burning--I used to do that myself. I can't remember how many times I burned myself. Great fun. :) I really like the finished project!

Horrific piano player? Not commenting on that photo, one way or the other.

The Playdough art reminded me of doing the same thing, something I haven't done for 10 years or more. Wow. Great memories. Thanks for triggering them!

Great pic of the fast-playing piano hands.

Downtown where? Looks like a really neat place.

Hiking--wow. I love the scenery. It looks so nice. All the leaves and various flora makes it look like springtime. Also, the pictures with the water are really nice. Looks like it was a bit of an adventure getting across to that one dry spot!

Guess that'll do for length. I'm off to try to get a post of my own up!

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tree Climbers are very different then Tree Huggers, namely Tree Climbers have a tenancy to hurt the trees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home